Covidien/Valleylab Force FX-C Electrosurgical Generator
Couldn't Load Pickup Availability
Listing Terms & Conditions
All product and company names are trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement or sponsorship by them.
The Covidien Force FX-C is an advanced electrosurgical generator known as the "Covidien Force FX electrosurgical generator C". This device is specifically designed to provide isolated output power for cutting, desiccating, and fulgurating tissue during both bipolar and monopolar surgeries. It incorporates innovative technology to automatically detect resistance levels and adapt the output voltage accordingly, ensuring a consistent effect across various tissue densities. This unique adjustment feature is exclusive to bipolar or cut modes and is dependent on the power setting and tissue resistance level. The Covidien Force FX-C offers three distinct bipolar modes, three monopolar cut modes, three monopolar coagulation modes, and enables simultaneous coagulation. Moreover, the Covidien Force ESUs are fully compatible with the CUSA System 200, CUSA EXcel+, and CUSA handpieces, allowing seamless integration with the CUSA electrosurgical module.
- Instant Response technology ensures that the power delivered remains virtually constant, regardless of the tissue type
- Improved performance at lower power settings minimizes the risk of tissue damage and neuromuscular stimulation
- Three internal microcontrollers reduce system reaction time and increase the system's processing speed
- Spray coagulation voltage of no more than 9000 volts peak-to-peak output for broad, but superficial coagulation with limited capacitive coupling
- A Power Efficiency Rating (PER) of approximately 98 for accurate and consistent cut performance
- Three cut modes, all controlled by Instant Response™ technology, offer surgeons a variety of choices:
- Low Cut for delicate tissue or laparoscopic cases
- Pure Cut for a clean, precise cut
- Blend for cutting with hemostasis
- Four coag modes:
- Desiccate for low voltage contact coagulation suitable in laparoscopic and delicate tissue work
- Fulgurate (high crest factor) for efficient noncontact coagulation in most applications
- Fulgurate (low crest factor) for lower voltage coagulation requirements
- Spray for coagulating large tissue areas with superficial depth of necrosis
- Three bipolar modes:
- Precise, Standard, and Macrobipolar are controlled by the Instant Response™ system
- Precise and Standard setting utilize low voltage to prevent sparking
- Versatile system that is uniquely compatible with other devices, including:
- Force Argon™ II and Force GSU™ argon coagulation system
- CUSA EXcel™ and CUSA™ 200 ultrasonic surgical aspirators
- OptiMumm™ smoke evacuator, through a direct cable link
- Valleylab VLCM bipolar current monitor
- Compatible with and used as the electrosurgical energy source for:
- Dyonics* Control RF arthroscopic ablation system
- Dyonics* Electroblade™ rotary resection system
- Cook Vascular Perfecta™ EDS pacemaker lead extraction system
- Compatible with, and the exclusive electrosurgical generator for, the Computer Motion Hermes™ Voice Command system
- Manufacturer: Covidien/Valleylab
- Part Number: (OEM): VALLEYLAB FORCE FX-C
- Category: Electrosurgical Units
- Condition: Refurbished
- Weight: 18.0lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Months
- Height: 4.375 in ( 11.1 cm)
- Width: 14 in (35.6 cm)
- Depth: 18 in (45.7 cm)
- Weight: 18lbs (<8.2 kg)
- Operating Parameters:
- Ambient Temperature Range: 10° to 40" c (50° to 104° F)
- Relative Humidity: 30% to 75%, noncondensing
- Atmospheric Pressure: 700 to 1060 millibars
- Warm-up time: If transported or stored at temperatures outside the operating temperature range, allow one hour for the generator to reach room temperature before use.
- Transport and Storage:
- Atmospheric Temperature range: -40° to 70° C f40°:10 158° F)
- Relative humidity: 10% to 100%, condensing
- Atmospheric Pressure: 500 to 1060 millibars
- Duration of Storage: If stored longer than one year, the battery must be replaced (Refer to Battery Replacement in Section 7) and a full checkout, including calibration, must be completed before use.
- Output Waveforms:
- Precise: 470 kHz sinusoid
- Standard: 470 kHz sinusoid
- Macro: 470 kHz sinusoid
- Monopolar Cut
- Low: 390 kHz sinusoid. Similar to the Pure Cut mode except the maximum voltage is limited to a lower value.
- Pure: 390 kHz sinusoid
- Blend: 390 kHz bursts of sinusoid, recurring at 27 kHz intervals. 50% duty cycle envelope.
- Monopolar Coag
- Desiccate: 240 kHz sinusoid repeated at 39 kHz. 8% duty cycle.
- Fulgurate: 390 kHz damped sinusoid bursts with a repetition frequency of 30 or 57 kHz into 500 ohms.
- Spray: 390 kHz damped sinusoidal bursts with a randomized repetition centered at 28 kHz. Frequencies include 21 kHzz < f < 35 kHz. Output is further modulated by a random 250 Hz envelope with a variable duty cycle.
- Output power changes by less than 15% or 5 watts, whichever is greater, as the line voltage varies from 104-132 volts and 208-264 volts (at rated load).
- Low Frequency Leakage:
- Source current, patient leads, all outputs tied together.
- Normal polarity, intact chassis ground: < 10 µA
- Normal polarity, ground open: < 50 µA
- Reverse polarity, ground open: < 50 µA
- Sink current, 140V applied, all inputs: < 50 µA
- Input Power Requirements:
- Operating range is 85 to 132 AC volts. Maximum current is 7 amperes in Cut and 4 amperes in Coag.
- Rem Contact Quality Monitoring System:
- Measurement Frequency: 80 kHz ± 10 kHz
- Measurement Current: Less than 10 µA
- Acceptable Resistance Ranges:
- REM™ pad – 5-135 ohms
- Non-REM™ pad – less than 20 ohms
- Acceptance range is 5-135 ohms after REM PolyHesive II return electrode is applied.
- Adaptive REM: REM trip is baseline impedance plus 40%. For example, if the baseline impedance is 30 ohms, the upper-level trip approximately 42 ohms. If the pad-patient impedance falls below the baseline impedance, a new baseline is established.
In addition please acknowledge the following disclaimer:
* IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING! * All pictures of items being sold are used for reference purposes and are described as accurately as possible. If there is an error in a listing, we will try and resolve any issues to the best of our abilities that may arise before or after a sale. Complete units all come with a power cord and DO NOT come with any cables, sensors, manuals, accessories etc. unless otherwise noted in the description.
Purchaser agrees that seller is not liable for any injuries or damages of any kind associated in any way with this equipment. Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless seller and seller's officers, directors, employees, agents, and shareholders against any and all claims, liabilities, obligations, demands, cost and expenses of every kind and nature, including but not limited to attorney's fees and litigation expenses, from or related to the equipment and any use thereof.
* NOTE - FDA Regulation and Certification: "The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, we will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item."
Estimated Ship Time: 7-10 Days