Purchasing, Warranties, & Returns
Ordering from Medical Equipment Doctor
Medical Equipment Doctor will provide a formal, written price quotation confirming an informal verbal or emailed price. This can be communicated by email, fax, or postal mail. Due to the nature of our business, all equipment quoted is subjected to availability and/or prior sale.
We also work with customers who have medical equipment available for trade-in. Ask your Medical Equipment Doctor representative about this option.
When you are ready to order, please contact us to confirm current prices, payment arrangement, availability, and delivery time of your medical equipment or accessories. Whenever possible, we request a hard copy purchase order to ensure that your order is processed properly.
This warranty from Medical Equipment Doctor is given in place of all other warranties, expressed or implied. No statement or claim about the product by an employee, agent, or dealer of our equipment shall constitute a warranty by Medical Equipment Doctor or give rise to any liability or obligation on our part.
Medical Equipment Doctor warranties its equipment to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and with appropriate maintenance. Length of warranty varies from product to product, so please confirm with your Medical Equipment Doctor representative for specific warranty coverage. For plastics, rubber, or other expendable items, we warrant only that such parts will be free of defects in materials and workmanship at the time of purchase.
Medical Equipment Doctor will repair or replace any defective item or parts covered under the warranty that are returned to us within the warranty period. For us to process your claim, the following information is required: RMA number (obtained from Medical Equipment Doctor), a letter stating the problem, serial number, and copy of the invoice. In lieu of an invoice, the purchaser's name, date of purchase, phone number, and address must be provided.
Equipment that has been damaged during shipment is excluded from this warranty and will be repaired for a fee. Please contact your freight company to submit any claims for shipping damage.
Please do not have your equipment repaired by a third party without our prior written authorization. Doing so may void your original warranty.
Extended Warranty Available
In some areas, where we have properly trained, certified, and equipped Authorized Service Representatives, we may be able to offer you an Extended Warranty for your equipment. Upon expiration of our warranty, you may obtain preventive maintenance and repairs from the original manufacturer or from any organization of your choice.
A customer service representative from Medical Equipment Doctor must authorize all returns and issue an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. The following information should be available:
- Reason for return
- Product model number and quantity
- Customer name and copy of sales order or invoice
- Requests for returns due to customer error will only be accepted 30 days after original shipment date, and a 40% restocking fee will be charged.
- Merchandise must be properly packaged in the original shipping carton, if possible, to avoid freight damage. Credit will not be given for items damaged due to improper packaging or freight damage.
- Customers must obtain an RMA number from an Medical Equipment Doctor representative and display this number on the outside of the package.
- Medical Equipment Doctor reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion whether an item will be accepted: as a warranty return, for quality issues, or as damaged goods.
Charges and Handling of Credits
- All returns, regardless of whether the returns are determined to be legitimate, are subject to a handling/restocking fee of 40% of the sale price of the item.
- All returns are subject to inspection to determine condition of merchandise prior to issuance of credit.
- An additional fee of 20% of the original sale price will be charged for returned items that contain customer markings, stickers, or require repackaging to be returned to salable condition.
- Freight/shipping charges associated with the returned merchandise from the original order will not be credited. Freight for returned merchandise must be shipped prepaid freight. Collect shipments will be refused.
Stock and Inventory
Medical Equipment Doctor lists popular medical and surgical equipment in the marketplace. Our factory new items are usually available and in stock. Because of frequent changes in supply and demand, the current inventory of used and refurbished items are evaluated on a quote by quote basis. Our staff will check Medical Equipment Doctor inventory as well as availability from other industry partners. If the specific item requested is not in stock, we will quote a suitable replacement for the item.
Product Information and Photos
Items listed on the website are for informational purposes only. Although we intend to keep up-to-date information, occasionally information that needs to be updated will remain on the site. Please base your purchasing decision on specific information you receive from your Medical Equipment Doctor sales representative. The product description is not intended to match the exact configuration and options that will be quoted by your sales representative. The picture shown is a representation of the product, not the actual product in stock. If you would like an actual photograph of the product, you can arrange this with your sales representative.
Prices and Quotations
Except as hereinafter provided, prices quoted in writing are firm for orders placed within 60 days of the quotation date which call for shipment within 6 months of the quotation date. Prices for orders which do not call for shipment within 6 months of the quotation date shall be the prices in effect at the time of shipment, unless otherwise specifically negotiated at the time of order placement. All prices are F.O.B. Shipping Point, unless otherwise specified. All prices are in U.S. dollars